The Weekend

Saturday, May 15, 2010

It's Saturday! I'm happy to report that I'm going strong. I didn't do any exercise on Friday although I ate healthy. I went to a Mexican restaurant and ONLY had 3 chips!! How did I do that and who am I??? I ate 1/2 of a (homemade) turkey sandwich and a banana on the drive to the restaurant. A whole basket of tortilla chips sat in front of me and I stood my ground! Since I did well with my eating (cheerios for breakfast and sandwich for lunch), I treated myself to a 360 calorie 22oz. Negro Modelo...I figured I owed myself. Dinner was another sandwich...not that exciting but since my husband has been gone, I don't have to cook!

Saturday morning B, my mom and I woke up bright and early to participate in the March of Dimes Walk for Babies in Simi Valley. We walked 3 miles!! :) After the walk I had a small granola bar and 1/4 of a grilled chicken and black bean burrito. I'm so proud of myself! I was SO hungry AND the food was free but after a lot of water and taking my time eating, I wasn't even hungry after that. Too much goodness for you? Well this is where I start to break down...I went to a Tupperware party after the walk, there were so many goodies all laid out in front of me...croissants, cheese, chocolate covered strawberries, ham, turkey, graham crackers, veggies, and ice cream. I ended up having about a 1/2 cup of (homemade) strawberry ice cream (it has to be better for you than store bought right?), carrots (no ranch), a hand full (or two) of olives, a bit of ham and turkey (no croissant for me!), and about 4 chocolate covered strawberries. I could have done SO MUCH MORE damage so I'm claiming this one a success! ha...because I can! ;)

All in all I think I've done quite well. Sunday will be my day of rest but still on the health kick. Mr.M comes home tonight so we'll see how this healthy eating will go once I'm really having to cook a full dinner.

1 comments:

Ang said...

I tried to keep it healthy.... ) lolol I thought the fruit would have been a good idea, plus the cool whip was LITE!!! =) GREAT job staying away from the croissnts. HA I took them over to Rod's parents for them!!! OUTTA THE HOUSE!

Post a Comment

It's a Lifestyle Copyright © 2010 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino