Bulk Meals

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

OK I just blogged about our normal stuff but wanted to share something with all of you because I am going to try and get back into the habit. I have found that being busy with life in general has made it difficult to eat healthy all the time AND by not cooking at home as often as I should, I know I am spending extra $$ that I shouldn't be.

I have found that I can prepare things in bulk and then freeze them for quick and easy meals later in the week or following weeks. Soups and stews freeze really well, chili (ground turkey chili for example). Using the crock pot is one way preparing in bulk is simple and YUMMY!

Also, just cooking up your meat (lean ground turkey, beef, pork) and freezing it in small portions will save lots of effort and time when you need a quick meal.

A couple examples I would do ahead of time and then freeze for later use:

For a good sized package of ground turkey:

Make patties to use with whole wheat buns or low-carb burgers with NO bun (freezes well)

Cook and freeze ground turkey, then unthaw and use for:

Taco salad, spaghetti, soft tacos, chili. That is 5 different meals with one main ingredient (turkey) that is really inexpensive!

Just thought I would share in case any of you can use any of these ideas to add some convenience to your healthy eating goals on a budget!

xoxo

1 comments:

Ang said...

You are soo awesome!!! Those are great ideas Rhon. I don't know why I never thought about any of that, considering those are some of the main ideas I make often. YAY thanks for the tips.

Post a Comment

It's a Lifestyle Copyright © 2010 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino